Kayt in Ireland

My Tales of Studying Abroad in Dublin

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Why Ireland is soo lovely....

As the end of my stay here in Ireland draws near, I am forced to reflect on all those things i will be missing...
1. Flytes... All the chocolatey taste without the calories..mmm...
2. A-wear... I've never seen one in the states...though i supposed its possible
3. Cliffs...
4. Knackers... when they arent stabbing people they are quite amusing
5. Snake-bites... you can get them everywhere but the states...hahha
6. Our secret identities... Layla the art student from Cali studying in NYU who hangs
with Joey the musician from Maine and April the art
art history major from Oregon just wont fly in the states
7. The novelty of public transportation that works...
8. Irish accents... the proper kind
9. The phrase "It's not like that at home"... though i suppose it could be replaced with... "its not like that in Ireland"
10. World Cup excitement
11. Whelan's
12. Tom Kelley... Who else can i blame all my problems on?
13. Business men with ice cream
14. Lunches at St. Stephens Green
15. Spar and its sandwiches
16. Cafe Sol... How u have improved my workday one latte at a time
17. The fact that its acceptable to go the pub everynite...
18. Not having a TV
19. Apt. 4 ... but now having realized i dont live in apt. 4 its not that thrilling, ill actually be missing apt 3..and by extention 4 as well
20. Recieving text messages on a regular basis
21. Paying for things with coins... and having it be acceptable
22. Tanks a mil...cheers!!...o how i love that phrase.
23. Tidy as a verb... As in.. Did u ever see him tidy the place all summer?
24. The computer room, the view out the window of One Family... where i 28 hours a week...
God...there is just soo much... I dont even want to think about all the people... damn it. Im really looking foward to this weekend bc of the Van Morrison concert but at the same time...this is my last weekend in Dublin...maybe EVER. Its way to upsetting... I really think if i didnt have obligations awaiting me at home... I would stay.
In other exciting news... last nite we saw The Break Up...it just came out here this weekend... decent flick. Today on the bus i realized that i had a stain on my shirt, so i planned to go purchase a cheap one to wear instead bc we are going to play tonite...then i spilled tea all over my dress.. spent the morning cleaning that up. On my lunch break i deciede to brave the stores...as im exiting a-wear, eating delicious irish strawberries (fruit is excellent here...who would have thought?) I get strawberry juice all over my white dress... defeating the purpose of the shirt purchase bc no one will be looking at that... they will be looking at my red stain on my dress... Why is it impossible for me to keep tidy? Its just really very odd....
Alright...now back to work... Cheers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home