Kayt in Ireland

My Tales of Studying Abroad in Dublin

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A Nite at the Abbey Theatre....

I really can't get over how grand the weather has been...or how low my standards have dropped for assessing the weather. I've become fairyly certain that the heat will kill me when i return, I could barely live in Amsterdam where the temp was like 85. Anyways...yesterday was a another lovely day. We ate lunch in the park as usual...then after work, i met up with the ladies for some dinner and drinks before heading off to the theatre (we are super sophisticated now, in case u hadnt noticed already)
After work we went to Dame Tavern, in hopes that the most beautiful bartender/accountant in Ireland would be dilligantly serving up drink, but sadly he was not... so after a glass of wine, we departed for some dinner.
We ended up at Cactus Jack's mostly because they had an outside table available. Its a good place. Decent mexican food as well as burgers. Although we were slagged quite abit for our americanisms...hahha...all in good fun. I find myself in times like that playing up my americanness, for example after he mocked out accents, i ordered a coors light (and drank it out of the bottle, which isn't really the thing to do here...ur supposed to go cup and ice...ice in your beer? now how does that make any sense?) and a cheese burger...mmmm...america.
When we were finished we booked in to the Abbey Theatre. Its right off the Liffey and is the National Theatre in Ireland. Pretty sure it is the oldest. We saw The Importance of Being Earnest, portrayed by an all male cast. I'm very interested in how those boys get there voices to go soo high. The play was really really good. I enjoyed in thoroughly. I also enjoyed the man who was sitting behind me bc he had the most jolly laugh, i love when people have good solid laughs.
After the play we caught the bus home.... it was amazing how short the ride was as compared to the morning... we were on the bus for prolly 8 minutes, when we head to work in the morning it takes about an hour. INSANE!!
I can barely contain my excitement for Van Morrison this weekend... I firmly believe it will be the best moment of my life thus far... I wonder what songs he will sing... im hoping for some Caravan...
Alright time to get to work... Maybe....Cheers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home