Kayt in Ireland

My Tales of Studying Abroad in Dublin

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Irish @ MSU?

Yesterday was a delightful day...after work i met up with sarah and we went to buy our bus tickets for the Midland Music Festival...Van Morrison here we come..only 2 more days.... YAY!!! On the way to meet up i stopped at Starbucks for a latte. I had forgotten how big a grande was.... jesus a medium coffee here is soo much smaller than it would be at home, its like the size of our small. I was astonished to realize how accustomed to the smaller portions I've become.
I found it rather odd that the bus station would not except my credit card yesterday bc i had no signed the back. Isnt that a matter of preference, my liscense has my damn signature on it....crazy!!
It upset me that yesterday when i was working on my paper, i kept wanting to spell program the irish way progamme. It was also upsetting today when i messaged Megan with the word behaviour...damn u's are creeping in to my life.
At nite we went to Brodans Bar on Dame street. The wine there is considerably cheaper than most pubs. While we were there visiting with one of our irish friends, it occured to me just how much fun our new friends would have back at STate. In working to convince the irish to visit us, ive come up with the following rationales
1. Things are open late... Food places till 4, 24 hour luxuries....
2. Target/Meijer... they wouldnt have seen anything like it
3. Tailgating... pretty sure they'd be real good at it
4. our campus... its size, its appearance.. very dif from their own
5. Loads of gullable americans.... footballers? why the hell not.
6. Mennas Joint... needs no explanation...that place is damn good.
7. Drinking games...
8. Basketball, American Football, hockey... sports in general i suppose.
I had loads of other ideas last nite...perhaps i'll add some on later.
Got to do some work now bc i plan to duck out a bit early today to catch a bus that wont take 10 years to get my back to santry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home