Kayt in Ireland

My Tales of Studying Abroad in Dublin

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Last DAY in Dublin!!

This morning i woke up with the worst anxiety of my entire life... i actually believe this feels worse than it did before i left the country. I shed a tear or 2 begrudgingly packing my belongings. This is brutal...i hate leaving places against my will.
The anxiety was only compounded when my mom called me ..."What r u going to do?" I assume she means luggage wise, so i go on and on about how i think i can make things work...and then she says "no...the terrorist situation" GRAND!! How the hell is it possible for terrorists to ruin my last day in Dublin...u've won this time fools.
We had breakfast...well lunch in this cafe we spot every day from the bus... Lovin Spoon. We have been meaning to go there FOREVER. I'm super pleased that we made it finally. It was everything i imagined...pleasant pregnant women behind the counter..it felt super homey. Just perfect.
Afterwards we picked up some last minute items around town....
Now im putting off finishing packing. I'm horrified, i dont want to come home, i dont want to get blown up on the way there. Its just insane. Couldnt terrorist attacks be put off for like 3 weeks until im safely on american soil...well i suppose we are never safe on american soil anymore...grrr...
I'm sorry this entrey isnt very pleasant, but im not feeling all that happy. I am looking foward to saying goodbye to Dublin in a huge way tonite. I have faith everything is goin to work itself out...magicly everything will fit in my suitcase, the trip to italy will be amazing and then i will arrive home refreshed and happy....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home