Kayt in Ireland

My Tales of Studying Abroad in Dublin

Monday, July 31, 2006

And our last weekend in Dublin comes to a close....

Sunday rolled around much to fast...our very last Sunday in Ireland... BOOOO!! It was a rainy day...as they usually are here. I slept in rather late, awoke ate a sandwich from Spar and then went back to bed for a nap. After the nap, I cleaned my room and prepared myself for the joining Megan and her visitors pubcrawl in progress...
We met up with them at The Temple Bar...Temple bar area was incredibly packed yesterday more than usual...apparently this is a grand time for travel to Ireland. Next we headed to O'Donahues right off Grafton, as it is on the Top 10 Dublin list but we had not made an appearance there as of yet. We watched a bit of Crickett there on the old tube...Learned some rules and such...the crickett ball is intensely hard, i imagine it to be something like a croquett ball, we saw some fellow get hit in the wrist with a ball and were assured that his wrist was now broken... SCARY!!
After O'Donahues we headed to the Hairy Lemon..i feel it must be mentioned that upon stepping foot in the pub it smells like lemon pinesol... perhaps thats the plan?... After the Hairy Lemon we dashed to catch the last bus back to Santry.. it comes at half 11. I bought some chips and salsa for the ride and we were very pleasantly surprised that they were quite delicious.
I felt it was a perfect close to the last weekend in Dublin... I shouldnt say that, there will be more weekends...we will be back.
I suppose I will get to work now, as i was an hour late. Though it didnt matter b/c everyone in the entire organization is currently in a staff meeting, that we were not invited to...Isnt that grand? I'm beginning to think im not such a vital member of the One Family staff....hahha...perhaps its bc i spend most of my time looking out the window...hahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home