Kayt in Ireland

My Tales of Studying Abroad in Dublin

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Nite @ Harold's Cross Dog Park

Yesterday we went out for an evening to the dog races at Harolds Cross. I really love that racing...think i should raise one of those grey hounds...how hard can it be? I think that their may not be an age-limit for gambling here..since i saw like 10 year old knacker children placing bets. I've come to realize that the dog parks are heavily populated by people over the age of 60 and knackers. Since, i am neither, i generally dont fit in very well. Ahh, well its great craic. I was definitly a loser last nite though... i may have lost something like 4euro...my brother lost like 40 so i dont feel as bad.
After the races we hit up our local pub...THe Comet. Its located just a block or 2 away from our flat. The scene in there is pretty mellow...mostly older gentlemen but its a decent place to hang out... only open till half 11 though. Prolly for the best since i have to rise early in the am for work.
Thats about it for now.... Cheers... o and plans to add picture to london trip very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home